So you wanted an explanation…
Length: 345 words
So you wanted an explanation…
Length: 345 words
I didn’t dare try to figure out a colour palette for him yet, so he’s in good ol’ black and white.
Also thanks for 900+ follows!
Please note: writer sign-ups are not until October 1, 2014 at 12 p.m. (noon) EST.
The official tag for this event is #zosan christmas exchange
What it’s about
So, the ZoSan Christmas Exchange is similar to a print exchange. This will run advent calendar style from December 1 through December 31, with each participant taking responsibility for one day. As the month progresses, I’ll compile all of the stories into a master list for easy access and navigation for readers. At the end of the month, I’ll take all of the drabbles and have them printed in a book, which will be exclusively sent to participants as my gift to them.
There will also be a fanart component to this, which will be explained further down.
Fiction written for the exchange should be self-contained drabbles/oneshots. They may be canon or AU, however, the story must be ZoSan/SanZo and carry a holiday and/or winter theme.
Sign-ups for writers will begin on October 1, 2014 at 12 p.m. (noon) EST. They will remain open until all slots are filled. To be put on the list, send me an ask/fanmail when the sign-ups open (NO SOONER, PLEASE).
- Word Count: 500 min - 5000 max
- Rating: Anywhere from K through M (smut is absolutely fine
who doesn’t want a little extra heat in the cold of winter?)
- Other OP characters may be included, but the focus should be on our favorite swordsman and cook
- Slots for dates will be filled first come-first served.
- If you don’t make the list, there will be a reserve list in case of drop outs.
- Please upload your fic by no later than 9 p.m. PST on (not before or after) your assigned/chosen day
- Submission: You may submit your drabble both here and/or on FF.net, AO3 (or whatever other platform you prefer). Either way, please send me a link when it is posted so that I may add it to the master list. I will send participants my email as December gets closer so you can email me the original documents. I’ll need those to put your stories in the book.
- Remember…proof proof PROOF! These will be immortalized in a book sent to your fellow writers. Please keep typos and etcetera to a minimum. I will be reading through everything before it is printed.
- Dropping out: In the very very sad event that you have to drop out (which I desperately hope doesn’t happen) please notify me at least one weekbefore your date. That way writers on the reserve list may be given some forewarning.
- Above all, have fun with it!
The fanart portion of this will be handled differently from the drabbles, as the art is intended to bring a little something extra to the finished book. Therefore, the fanart bit will be more of a contest where winners are included in and will receive a copy of the book as their prize. One of the artworks will be chosen as the cover image, while any others chosen will be arranged inside between stories/days. Due to printing costs, only 10 artworks will be chosen.
- Theme: all artwork should carry the exchange’s ZoSan/SanZo Holiday/Winter theme
- Medium: traditional and digital will both be accepted.
- For traditional entries: proper presentation is a MUST. Please, scan your artwork, do not submit photos! Also, please no lined paper or unfinished work. High resolution and decent size are also necessary.
- Size requirements: at least 300 dpi; the book will be printed in a 5 x 8 inch (vertical) format, so height x width ratios should be handled accordingly
- Note: Artwork inside the book will be black and white. Only the cover will be in color.
- Rating: let’s keep artwork at no more than rated T. We’ll save pixiv and tumblr for nsfw art. :)
- Deadline: December 24, at which point art submissions will be closed and the artwork will be juried. Similar to a gallery show, submission does not guarantee acceptance, even if there are fewer than 10 pieces submitted. This is due to the fact that the pieces will be printed in a book and a certain level of quality must be maintained.
- Submission: Please submit fanart entries through my Submit box on my home page along with your Tumblr url and the title.
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t be afraid to ask! I am more than happy to answer them, and you probably aren’t the only one who wants to know. :)
I’m gonna kick these prompts off now! I got half of them written during my wait, but they had to be hand written (there was an outlet issue don’t ask) so they need to be typed up is all. The others will definitely be done here and there over the next few days. I’m going to write and post them in the order they were received (except Sunny your first one is half written on my computer right now but I’ll have to finish it later OTL).
Length: 716 words
Jim Dingilian proves that a creative and skillful artist can create works of art with just about anything. By coating the interior of empty glass bottles with black smoke and then carefully brushing it away with tools mounted on dowels, he creates detailed and beautiful but dark works of smoke art that are dripping with a sense of suburban decay (via Bored Panda).
are you shitting me